Ten Fun Things to Do near Pacific Family Practice
Pacific Family Practice (PFP) is conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco. Not only is that great for our patients who need transportation to and from our office, but the many nearby opportunities can turn a doctor’s appointment into a day filled with fun things to do. As long as you’re feeling well (don’t exert yourself if you’re sick!), we’ve provided 10 fun activities and places to visit near PFP before or after your appointment. All areas and locations listed below are less than a 30-minute drive from our office.
- The Golden Gate Bridge – Located less than 15 minutes from Pacific Family Practice, the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most iconic landmarks in the United States. Lifelong residents of and visitors to San Francisco can enjoy the views from and around the bridge. The bridge also provides an excellent opportunity for light exercise on foot or on a bike – and of course, everyone can benefit from a break with fresh air.
- Golden Gate Park – Pacific Family Practice is located at the corner of Golden Gate Park. The park offers a wide variety of activities for adults and children, including the De Young Museum, the California Academy of Sciences, the Golden Gate Aquarium, a Japanese tea garden, a flower observatory, and the Golden Gate windmills and tulips. Visitors can even take a Segway tour of the park’s beautiful grounds.
- Alcatraz – A classic tourist attraction, Alcatraz was the first U.S. fort and lighthouse built on the West Coast. It is infamous for once housing a maximum-security prison. If you’ve never thought to take a tour before, or if you’re new to the area, Alcatraz offers an entertaining step back in time.
- Fort Point – Built before the Civil War, Fort Point is a protected national historic site and a California historic landmark. Guided tours are available, but you can also enjoy the fort on your own, at your own pace.
- The Palace of Fine Arts Theatre – Created in 1915, the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre is a much-beloved historic gem that offers a beautiful “urban temple” for concerts, talks and other performances all year-round. Many simply choose to enjoy the scenery with walks and bike rides around the area.
- The Exploratorium – The Exploratorium, or The Museum of Science, Art and Human Perception, is located less than 30 minutes from Pacific Family Practice. Excellent for all ages and a well-known crowd favorite, the museum provides a hands-on experience through six main galleries and a series of rotating temporary exhibits.
- Japantown – Take a quick 10-minute drive from PFP and you can explore Japantown in downtown San Francisco. Offering an exciting array of restaurants, karaoke bars, spas, and events, Japantown should not be overlooked for afternoon and nighttime visits.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum – Dedicated to the life and work of Walt Disney, the Walt Disney Family Museum includes interactive galleries and exhibitions charting Disney’s life before, during, and after his time creating his beloved characters and stories.
- Pier 39 – Dining, shopping, performances, tours, events and more await visitors at Pier 39. Offering a little something for everyone, Pier 39 presents a great opportunity to enjoy indoor and outdoor activities and dining options right on the water.
- Yerba Buena Gardens – Often called the “cultural heart of San Francisco,” the Yerba Buena Gardens are an ideal place for both short and long-term visits. Many enjoy lunch and picnics during the day for shorter visits, but the gardens also provide a farmer’s market, festivals, and musical performances for people to come and spend the whole day.