Five Ways Pacific Family Practice Can Help Parents with the Back-to-School Rush
Even though some parents may see the start of a new school year with relief, that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook when it comes to preparing for the first day of school. Along with shopping for the right backpack, finding clothes to fit growth spurts, and planning lunches, there are items on your back-to-school to-do list that Pacific Family Practice can help handle.
Please note: Although we’re always happy to schedule an appointment, the back-to-school rush is a particularly popular time of year at our office, so we recommend scheduling your child’s visit as soon as you can.
How we can help parents prepare for the first day of school
1. The physical – A completed well-child physical is a requirement for many schools prior to the first day of school. We offer annual physicals for both adults and children.
2. Vaccines/immunizations – Is your child up to date on his or her vaccine schedule? It’s important to ensure that vaccines/immunizations are up to date. If you are unsure, please confirm whether an appointment is needed with your child’s Pacific Family Practice provider.
3. ADHD care – Screening and management for ADHD are provided at Pacific Family Practice. Parents with concerns or questions about a possible ADHD diagnosis or similar chronic conditions are encouraged to contact Pacific Family Practice.
4. Nutrition – Do you have concerns about your child’s nutrition? Even with the best intentions of implementing a healthy diet, nutritional issues can be present and are often treated through a change in diet. Your child’s provider can advise on whether an issue is present and how an adjustment in diet can assist.
5. Urgent care hours – We offer urgent care hours Monday – Friday, 5pm – 9pm and Saturdays, 10am – 4pm. Having a plan in place for urgent care needs that do not require an ER visit is often essential for parents of children and teens. Urgent care needs often occur outside normal medical office hours, and knowing the location and availability of your local urgent care clinic prior to facing the need to visit provides both peace of mind and effective parental planning.
Getting ready for the first day of school doesn’t have to feature a long to-do list, especially since the team at Pacific Family Practice can help address your child’s medical needs typically in as little as one or two visits to our office.