Five Unexpected Services from Pacific Family Practice
Pacific Family Practice has provided individualized medical care since the early 1980s, but you may be surprised to learn that we are more than your average general practitioners. Of course, we offer the expected range of family and primary care services, but there are also many additional treatments our physicians provide that are not typically offered by general practice physicians.
Because patient convenience is among our top priorities, we want you and your family members to be able to turn to our practice when you are unwell, injured or simply coming in for a wellness visit. We’ve detailed five of the top unexpected serviced offered by Pacific Family Practice below.
- Urgent care – Did you know that Pacific Family Practice offers urgent care services outside of normal office hours? We’re open until 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturdays to offer urgent care services like cold and flu treatment, pinkeye diagnosis and treatment, treatment for lacerations, muscle sprains, bone fractures, asthma and other respiratory conditions, and all types of infections.
- Travel medicine and vaccinations for school or work – You can visit Pacific Family Practice before a trip abroad, prior to a new school year or before starting a new job for immunizations and travel medicine. While we do allow for walk-ins, we advise that patients schedule an appointment for these needs.
- Women’s health – With Pacific Family Practice, women do not need to seek one facility for gynecology needs and another for general healthcare. Women can visit our providers for their annual exams, contraception and family planning needs, STD testing and menopause management.
- Pediatric and newborn care – Many parents may believe that a separate pediatrician is needed until their child is ready to attend school, but Pacific Family Practice offers services for newborns, infants and young children, including regular checkups, immunizations and preventative healthcare, as well as answering new parent questions.
- On-site laboratory testing and other office-based procedures – Our facility is equipped for on-site lab testing and basic orthopedic care such as splints or casts and EKGs.
As noted above, Pacific Family Practice welcomes walk-in visits, but you can always schedule an appointment for a specific day or time with your provider of choice here.
We also invite patients to read some of our most popular blog posts:
• 10 Fun Things to Do near Pacific Family Practice
• How to Make the Most out of Your Doctor's Appointment
• 10 Reasons to Visit Pacific Family Practice in San Francisco