Attention Patients: Our office will permanently close on October 1st, 2019.
We are sad to announce the closure of Pacific Family Practice. This decision did not come easily and was not made lightly. We are proud of our long history as independent physicians. We will be continuing to practice medicine, but in different locations. We kindly ask that patients review the following FAQ for information about the closure. The guide provides information on where our physicians will practice next, how to transfer your medical records, and more.
Please review the FAQ guide below for any questions you may have regarding our upcoming office closure.
When is Pacific Family Practice closing?
Pacific Family Practice will close on Tuesday, October 1st, 2019.
Will my doctor join another practice? If so, how do I find out where he / she is going?
- Dr. Mirviss will be practicing with Dr. Roxanne Fiscella at 3000 Colby Street, Suite 201, Berkeley, CA 94705. The phone number is (510) 843-0692 and the fax is (510) 843-3230. Dr. Mirviss will start seeing patients here 11/1/19.
- Dr. Roth will be maintaining his practice in San Francisco at Pacific Heights Medical Group. Located at 2340 Clay Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115. Telephone-415-674-5200. Fax-415-921-7000.
- Dr. Chow will continue to practice in San Francisco at The Savant Medical Group located in our same building and floor at Suite 550. The telephone number is 415-387-8031. Fax-415-668-8325.
- Dr. Shore will be practicing at Sutter West Bay Medical Group which is located at 899 Valencia Street. Learn more about Dr. Shore's transition:
- Marie Wimett, FNP, will be joining Sutter Health Family Practice located at 101 Rowland Way, Novato, CA 94945. The phone number is 415-878-7200.
- Sherrie Ladegast FNP-C will be practicing at One Medical Laurel Village. For medical records transfer, call 415-593-1134 or for member services 415-523-6317.
Please note: The new offices of our doctors will not receive calls from Pacific Family Practice patients until 10/1/19.
I need to find a new doctor now, what do I do?
You can use the following resources to select a new primary care physician or contact your health insurance plan directly:
As a patient, what do I need to do before the practice closes on October 1st?
We kindly suggest that patients complete the following steps as soon as possible:
- Select a new primary care provider and initiate a medical records transfer. Please see the next section below for further information on this step.
- Ensure your prescription refill(s) are organized per your transition to another medical practice
- Complete payment of any outstanding bills you may have with our practice. Please call our billing service to inquire about balance -- Diablo Billing Service: 925-634-9704. You can make payment directly with them or here.
How do I transfer my medical records to a new practice / to myself?
You will need to fill out a Records Release Authorization form. You can fax this form to 562-977-3173 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please call: 888-997-7299.
Please be aware that there will be a $25 charge to patients requesting their records be transferred to another physician or to themselves. For patients requesting paper copies, an additional charge of $0.10 cents per page plus shipping and handling will apply.
Attorneys, Insurance Companies, Copy Services & all other Third Party Requestors may send their requests/subpoenas to: 562-977-3173.
We wish to thank our patients for choosing Pacific Family Practice over the last three decades. It was an honor to serve the Bay Area, and we are grateful that you chose us as a source for dedicated medical care.
We will do all that we can to ensure a smooth transition for both you and your family. Our team understands how difficult this change may be and are sorry for any inconvenience this causes. We wish you all the best.