Attention Patients: Our office will permanently close on October 1st, 2019.
We are sad to announce the closure of Pacific Family Practice. This decision did not come easily and was not made lightly. We are proud of our long history as independent physicians. We will be continuing to practice medicine, but in different locations. We kindly ask that patients review the following FAQ for information about the closure. The guide provides information on where our physicians will practice next, how to transfer your medical records, and more.
Please review the FAQ guide below for any questions you may have regarding our upcoming office closure.
When is Pacific Family Practice closing?
Pacific Family Practice will close on Tuesday, October 1st, 2019.
Will my doctor join another practice? If so, how do I find out where he / she is going?
- Dr. Mirviss will be practicing with Dr. Roxanne Friscella at 3000 Colby Street, Suite 201, Berkeley, CA 94705. The phone number is (510) 843-0692 and the fax is (510) 843-3230. Dr. Mirviss will start seeing patients here 11/1/19.
- Dr. Roth will be maintaining his practice in San Francisco at Pacific Heights Medical Group. Located at 2340 Clay Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115. Telephone-415-674-5200. Fax-415-600-3705.
- Dr. Chow will continue to practice in San Francisco at The Savant Medical Group located in our same building and floor at Suite 550. The telephone number is 415-387-8031. Fax-415-668-8325.
- Dr. Shore will be practicing at Sutter West Bay Medical Group which is located at 1375 Sutter Street, Suite 308 (at the corner of Sutter and Franklin) by mid-October. Learn more about Dr. Shore's transition:
- Marie Wimett, FNP, will be joining Sutter Health Family Practice located at 101 Rowland Way, Novato, CA 94945. The phone number is 415-878-7200.
I need to find a new doctor now, what do I do?
You can use the following resources to select a new primary care physician or contact your health insurance plan directly:
As a patient, what do I need to do before the practice closes on October 1st?
We kindly suggest that patients complete the following steps as soon as possible:
- Select a new primary care provider and initiate a medical records transfer. Please see the next section below for further information on this step.
- Ensure your prescription refill(s) are organized per your transition to another medical practice
- Complete payment of any outstanding bills you may have with our practice. Please call our billing service to inquire about balance -- Diablo Billing Service: 925-634-9704. You can make payment directly with them or here
How do I transfer my medical records to a new practice / to myself?
Please be aware that there will be a charge for medical records if the records are being requested to be provided to your own person. The charge ranges from $50-$100 depending on the size of the record being requested and is subject to additional cost if necessary for processing.
I have questions that were not covered in this FAQ, what can I do?
Patients with additional questions are asked to complete an online contact form that details any questions / concerns they have. Completing our online contact form is the best way to have questions addressed during our closure answered directly. We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible.
We wish to thank our patients for choosing Pacific Family Practice over the last three decades. It was an honor to serve the Bay Area, and we are grateful that you chose us as a source for dedicated medical care.
We will do all that we can to ensure a smooth transition for both you and your family. Our team understands how difficult this change may be and are sorry for any inconvenience this causes. We wish you all the best.